If you need to use Dropbox to share a document with a professor:
1) Save and be sure to close the document that you are going to drag into the Dropbox.
*Note - if you know how to connect to your server, skip steps 2 - 5*
2) Go to the menu bar at the top and click on "Go."
3) Next, click on "Connect to Server."
4) Type in your server (jsrv01, jsrv05 or jsrv07) and click on "Connect."
5) Type in your NetID and your password that goes with it. Then click on "Connect."
6) Select "Professors" from the list and click on "OK."
7) Select your professor from the list in the Professors Volume.
8) Drop the file into the respective folder. You will only be able to drop the file into the folder, you cannot view or look at anything else that has been placed in the folder because you will not have permissions to do this.
*Note - if you receive a message saying that the file name already exists, do not override, rather change the name of your file*
9) Your professor will be able to view your file.